The greatest public health emergency in over 100 years is happening right now. Fortunately, in just over one year into the pandemic, more and more vaccines against COVID-19 are becoming available. The great challenge now is to convince millions of Filipino to get the vaccine. The course is designed for health education and promotion officers, information and communication officers to help them inform, educate and communicate about the COVID-19 vaccines.
This course will provide an overview of the Philippine National COVID-19 vaccination plan, introduce the guiding principles for communicating about COVID-19 vaccines, as well as any Adverse Events Following Immunization. Participants will also learn about how to gather feedback and respond to fake news, rumors and misinformation about the vaccine. This course will also introduce the Local Health System Health Promotion Playbook for COVID-19 Vaccine Demand Generation and Communications, a guide developed by the Department of Health to support local government units (LGUs), Local Vaccine Operations Clusters’ / Local Task Forces’ efforts to increase confidence about the COVID-19 vaccine. At the end of the course, participants of the course are expected to be able to:
- Help LGUs in making the public understand and be confident in the government’s approach to the COVID-19 vaccine
- Communicate the need for maintaining trust in, and demand for, COVID-19 vaccine and routine immunization
- Strengthen confidence in government-initiated platforms as the authoritative source of information on COVID-19 vaccine deployment
For questions about this course, you may email either of:
- Dr. Tato Quizon (email@example.com)
- Dr. Crystle Cotingting (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A NOTE ABOUT THE REFERENCES USED FOR THIS MODULE: Information contained in the videos and other related media was last updated January 2021. Given the constantly developing nature of COVID-19 vaccine information and policies, we advise you to check the Department of Health website and DOH Facebook pages for the most up-to-date information.