This course teaches you the basics of psychological well-being, as well as the knowledge and skills you need to give practical care and assistance to those affected by situations that may require them to adjust. Such situations include the loss of a loved one, being in a pandemic, or being affected by a typhoon.
This course was adapted from Psychological First Aid (PFA) to aid you in responding to problems that adversely impact your mental health and well-being.
At the end of this course, users will be able to:
- Understand the concepts of mental health and psychosocial support.
- Discuss and apply the principles and process of mental health support.
- Identify common mental health concerns and reactions in stressful situations.
- Manage own stress and teach stress management techniques to those who need them.
- Enhance abilities to give others psychosocial support and teach them self-care.